My 2019 in Review
I’ve seen a lot of people posting about their highlights of 2019, and I thought I should join in the fun. Additionally, it’s been a while since I’ve blogged, so it seemed like a good idea for a blog post.
So, without further ado… here is my 2019 in review.
- January – Spent New Year’s Day in Aruba, saw Hamilton in Pittsburgh, and just generally enjoyed living in the North Side with Drew.
- February – Embarked on a cross-country road trip to help Drew settle in to Spokane.
- March – Completed my first business-related trip to Fort Lauderdale, where I toured a rehab facility.
- April – Traveled to Chicago to see Muse and moved out of our great North Side apartment.
- May – Went on another cross-country road trip to Spokane with my mom, this time to move myself there.
- June – Enjoyed the outdoor life in Washington, including a camping trip at Revett Lake, yoga in the streets, kayaking at Medical Lake, and a weekend trip to Seattle to celebrate my 30th birthday.
- July – More general summer fun, including a hike to Dishman Hills, kayaking at Liberty Lake, seeing the Spokane Indians, camping at Beehive Lake, and hiking Scotchman Peak.
- August – Traveled home for a weekend with friends at Treasure Lake, visited Portland for Terrain Race, and enjoyed a visit from my mom where we did a lot of fun stuff.
- September – Went on a four-day backpacking trek through the Enchantments, returned home again to celebrate Jenni’s bachelorette party/bridal shower, and spent a weekend at Goldmyre Hot Springs. I also brought Flori to Spokane with me!
- October – Traveled to India, where Drew and I became gravely ill with food poisoning.
- November – Returned my hair back to a normal color and was a part of Jenni’s wedding! Also went to a WSU football game and hosted our own Thanksgiving.
- December – Prepared for Christmas and had a lovely time at home in Pittsburgh. Also spent a day in Dallas thanks to a 12-hour layover.
So after looking at my 2019 in review… it hasn’t been a bad year. Obviously, this is just the highlights – there’s been many other highs and lows that went into the mix. Not only is this the close of another year, but it’s also the close of another decade. So far, I’ve lived in five of them, which is quite an accomplishment for my 30 years of life. Perhaps I’ll further reflect on how my decade went in a later post. I may even establish some New Year’s Resolutions (blogging more among them), but no promises.